Step by Step on Install Mosaic Tile Backsplash
Mosaic tile backsplash is style wall of room. Usually, its style can application such in your kitchen or your bathroom. The general installing such for kitchen that can add color with tile backsplash and can get more style design kitchen. Like that name is mosaic, mosaic tile backsplash made of little ceramics stones. Mosaic tile backsplash are using for protect and tilling your backsplash around your sink area. To add tile in your backsplash kitchen is a simple projects. Making difference nuance in your kitchen with relatively inexpensive projects. Amount of materials and cost depending on size of kitchen backsplash.
Installing mosaic tile backsplash must to prepare several tools and materials.
1. Amount square-feet of mosaic tile (size depending of need your backsplash kitchen, such 30 square feet)
2. Measuring pencil and tape
3. A bucket
4. A bag grout
5. One bucket of mastic
7. Grout float
8. Rubet mallet
Before you start to create tile backsplash, you must sure that your backsplash is dry and hold. If the wall isn’t dry, tile backsplash can make wall moisture and make the wood of wall rot. You prepare to make the backsplash wall firm to hold weight of tile. It’s some steps to build tile backsplash:
1. Preparing your walls for telling. Start by measuring the width and height wall backsplash with measuring pencil and tape. To make certain square footage of tile.
2. Begin the installation for a corner or an open edge wall. It’s visually apparent part of the wall is center of wall.
3. Spread mastic with trowel and make sure amount of mastic stays on the wall.
4. Then positioned and press the tile into the wall. Be careful to bumping slightly the wall with a rubet mallet. Keep consistent the joint between lines and tile of wall.
5. After the wall full tires, keep the wall from the least water and dust. Wait until 12 hours before you touch the wall.
6. Embedding the grout to wall and start to apply the grout. Press grout of each edge tile with using the grout float.
7. Clean the tile using a wet sponge with clean water. You all have to do it for several times.
8. Using a dry cloth to clean surface of tile backsplash.