Pull Chain Light Fixture Replacement
Instead of buying the new light fixture, it will be much cheaper for getting the pull-chain fixed by you. The pull-chain only costs one or two dollars and requires minimal time’s amount. This pull-chain is connected to the toggle switch therefore the light can be turned n & off. There are lots of ceiling lights which use this type of switch. Here below are the things related to the topic of pull chain light fixture replacement. Keep reading for details.
1. Get the circuit breaker or fuse which control the light fixture power found and then get it turned off. If it is broken with the ON position, get the power cut for easier verification. If it is broken with the OFF position, get the bulb removed and get a touch-type voltage tester used on the fixture. Get the tester inserted into the socket and it will light up or beep if the line is active.
2. Get the fixture disconnected from the mounting bracket. Get the fixture pulled slowly from the ceiling.
3. Get the wires which connect the fixture and the ceiling disconnected. Get the fixture freed from the ceiling.
4. Get the end cap turned counterclockwise until you find the cap slide over the chain and gets the fixture off. You will be able to access the wires that get the pull chain connected to the fixture. Get these wires connected.
5. Get the new pull-chain inserted and then get the end cap which is holding the chain in place replaced.
6. Get a wire from pull chain switch connected to a black wire from the fixture. Get the connection secured using electrical tape.
7. Get the other black wire taken from pull chain switch and then get it connected to the black wire from the ceiling. Then, get the white wire from the light fixture connected to the white wire from the ceiling. Get the connections wrapped using electrical tape.